We are donating some of our period underwear profits every month towards female refugees and domestic violence victims here in Perth, Australia through not-for-profit organisation - Zonta Perth Northern Suburbs.
Period Underwear Benefits:
- Our Period Underwear hold up to 4 tampons worth, so you can wear them all day and/or night, depending on how heavy your period is.
- They are extremely comfortable, and they don’t feel any different to wearing regular underwear.
- The material is moisture wicking, meaning you stay super dry.
- These Period Panties are a cleaner way to go to the toilet in public. No dirty fingers, or worrying about where to dispose of your pad or tampon if there is no waste bin.
- Our Period Underwear have 4 layers of protection, which helps control odour and prevents leakage.
- The Bikini Style is made from sustainable Bamboo, meaning they are super breathable and antibacterial.
- Our Period Panties are Eco-friendly and a much better option for the environment than disposable menstrual products such as tampons or pads.
- There are no toxic chemicals used in the manufacturing of our Period Underwear, we use plant dye for the colouring.
- They are a lifesaver for women with menstrual health issues.
- Great for playing sports! There is nothing worse than getting your period mid sports game. Period. Stay safe and dry when you play sport, just wear a pair of our Period Underwear when you play your sports game and you will never have to worry about unwanted leaks.
Gemma (left) wears size XL / AUS 14 and Remi (right) wears size S / AUS 6-8
How does Period Underwear work?
Our Period Underwear have four layers of protection:
- Soft bamboo inner layer that is antibacterial, breathable and moisture wicking
- Super absorbent second layer, for instant absorption without stickiness
- Breathable PUL third layer, that is waterproof and breathable
- Leak resistant outer layer so you remain dry and odour free
How many hours can I wear my Period Underwear for?
Well that depends on how heavy your period is. Our Period Panties hold up to 4 tampons worth, which is equivalent to 1 day with a medium to heavy period. If you generally use more than 4 tampons during the day, make sure you keep a spare pair of Period Undies in your bag just in case.
Does Period Underwear stain?
We only sell our Period Underwear in black colour, therefore you won’t notice any funky colours if they do stain. To decrease the chance of your Period Underwear staining, make sure you rinse or soak them after wearing them that day or night.
How many pairs of Period Underwear do I need?
That depends on how long your period lasts, and how heavy it is. We recommend changing your Period Underwear each day and night. So if your period usually lasts 4 days, we would recommend 8 pairs of Period Underwear. When your period is light you could easily get away with wearing them for up to 24 hours.
Can I wear Period Underwear with other menstrual products?
Yes you certainly can. For those with heavier periods, we recommend pairing your Period Undies with a Reusable Menstrual Cup for that extra protection. Our menstrual cups are made from medical grade silicone, can be worn up to 10 hours and last up to 16 years!
They can also be worn with tampons and pads, but in all honestly they don’t need to be. They have 4 layers of protection so you should be more than fine to just wear your Period Underwear by themselves.
Can I wear Period Underwear Swimming?
Unfortunately you cannot wear your Period Underwear swimming. Those 4 layers holding it all in will definitely leak out into the pool. We recommend using a Reusable Menstrual Cup when you go swimming, as you will be fully protected from leaks.
How To Wash Period Underwear:
- Rinse your Period Underwear in warm water. You can also soak your Period Undies in a bucket of cold water until you are ready to wash them.
- Put your Period Underwear into a Laundry Wash Bag that can be zipped closed, then into the washing machine.
- Wash your Period Underwear on a warm wash (around 40 degrees Celsius).
- Hang dry your Period Undies. Do not put them in a dryer or iron them.
- Do not use fabric softener or bleach on your Period Underwear.
Why are Period Underwear better than tampons or pads?
Better for the Environment and your wallet
Those who menstruate will have approximately 500 periods in their lifetime, and they would use approximately 12,000 disposable pads or tampons during that time. Traditional pads and tampons are filled with single use plastic. They have plastic in their lining, applicators and usually individually wrapped in plastic, as well as in plastic packaging. You can’t recycle used menstrual products, therefore they will always end up in landfill, and take approximately 500 years to break down.
Imagine how much money 12000 pads and tampons would cost… Probably as much as a nice holiday to the Greek Islands! Our Reusable Period Undies are extremely durable, and will last you many, many years.
Less chance of Toxic Shock Syndrome or bacterial infection
There are a couple of brands of tampons and pads made from organic cotton and have less plastic packaging than most. However, they still have a high chance of Toxic Shock Syndrome, they are still disposable and will end up in landfill, and they also don’t stay together very well, so you will be finding leftover cotton all around your lady bits.
The inner layer of our Period Underwear is made from bamboo, therefore it is extremely breathable. When choosing Period Underwear, it is better to steer clear of synthetic fabrics as they increase your chance of Vaginal Thrush and a Bacterial Infection. The more natural and breathable the material, the better!
Great for playing sports!
There is nothing worse than getting your period mid sports game. period. Stay safe and dry when you play sport, just wear a pair of our Period Underwear when you play your sports game and you will never have to worry about any unwanted leaks.
Please note: our Low Rise Bikini Period Underwear fabric is changing from:
Outer Materials: 70% Bamboo Fiber & 30% Vicose
Crotch Materials: 70% Bamboo Fiber & 30% Vicose
Inner Material (2 layers): 80% Cotton & 20% Polyester; Breathable PUL
Fabric is changing to:
Outer Materials: 95% Bamboo Fiber & 5% Spandex
Crotch Materials: 95% Bamboo Fiber & 5% Spandex
Inner Material (2 layers): 95% Organic Cotton & 5% Elastane; Breathable PUL