Vitamin C Serum Description
This natural Vitamin C serum is a powerful but simple addition to your everyday skincare routine, with an abundance of amazing benefits your skin will thank you for. It protects your skin from environmental and sun damage, reduces wrinkles, increases collagen production, and generally makes your skin look brighter, more even, and more youthful! Our Vitamin C Serum is hydrating and can even help with inflammatory skin conditions. Plus, it’s safe and effective on most skin types. Your skin will love you!
Benefits of Vitamin C Serum
Vitamin C serums have so many benefits!
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant, meaning it prevents environmental and sun damage to skin cells
- Vitamin C reduces wrinkles and other signs of ageing
- Vit C Serum protects the skins collagen and increases production
- It aids in wound healing and can be used to treat other inflammatory skin conditions
- Vitamin C Serum reduces hyper-pigmentation, evens skin tone and reduces redness
- Vitamin C can brighten your complexion
- Vitamin C acts as an armour against pollution and other free radicals and nasties
- It’s super hydrating; magnesium ascorbyl, one of the main Vitamin C derivatives, has been proven to be hydrating for the skin, decreasing skin water loss and allowing your skin to better retain moisture
- Vitamin C Serum can reduce the appearance of under-eye circles and puffiness by plumping and hydrating
Can I use my other facial products alongside this Vitamin C serum?
Yes, but be aware of some products/ingredients that don’t pair well with Vitamin C.
Avoid using benzoyl peroxide at the same time, as this can oxidise the Vitamin C serum and make it less effective. You can still use it – just mix it up, and use one in the morning and one at night, or use them alternating days.
Also be cautious using Vitamin C alongside retinol, as this can make both less effective, and may also cause irritation. Niacinamide is also less effective when used at the same time as Vitamin C.
When using Vitamin C serum in your skincare routine, remember the thinnest to thickest rule – apply according to the thickness of your everyday products.
Can I get the benefits of Vitamin C through Vitamin C tablets?
You can, but applying Vitamin C directly to your skin is the best way to achieve all of the amazing benefits! Pressing a Vitamin C serum directly into your skin after being chemically altered allows our skin to absorb it far more efficiently than when taken orally.
Does Vitamin C Serum Really Work?
Well you can’t expect to magically remove your wrinkles and sun damage overnight, however over a long period of time, you will definitely notice the difference in your skin hydration and pigmentation. Vitamin C Serums work best by preventing sun damage, instead of reversing it.
How to use Vitamin C Serum for Face
- Cleanse and dry your skin first. Apply any toners that are part of your skincare routine.
- Rub the desired amount between your palms and lightly massage into your face, neck, and décolletage. Avoid touching the dropper to your face or directly to your skin, as this can spread bacteria.
- Let the serum settle into your skin, then follow up with your favourite moisturiser and SPF sunscreen – we have an Australian made, natural sunscreen if you need one!
- For best results, use twice daily. If using only once, we recommend applying in the morning to receive all of the great protective benefits throughout the day. You should start seeing difference in your skin within 4-6 weeks.
We recommend you always patch test new skincare items on your hand or arm and wait 24 hours before applying to your face. Discontinue use or see a doctor if you experience any redness, rash or irritation/discomfort.
Vitamin C Serum Ingredients
Water, Butylene Glycol, Trehalose, Silk Amino Acids, Hydrogenated Lecithin Beta-Glucan, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Morus Alba (Mulberry) Root Extract, Codium Tomentosum Extract, Portulaca Oleracea, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Niacinamide, Sodium Hyaluranate, Xanthan Gum, Allantoin, Disodium Edta, Benzyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Glycerin, Sorbic Acid, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Sweet Orange) Oil
How to store your Vitamin C Serum
Make sure you keep the lid screwed on tightly after using, as Vitamin C serums oxidise in the air. Storing it out of direct sunlight also decreases the likelihood of oxidisation.
Vitamin C serums work best when the skin is properly exfoliated prior to use.
It’s recommended that Vitamin C serum is always followed up with some form of SPF, as the two work together to give your skin double protection against sun damage. If you’re after an Australian-owned, natural, organic, and cruelty-free SPF option, check out our Reef Safe Sunscreen by Slick Daddy. Biodegradable, water resistant for over 2 hours, and offering SPF30 protection, it’s a great complementary product to pair with our Vitamin C serum.